Studies and researches
The village of Sustinente was built around about the year 1000 thanks to the reclamation works of the land given by Matilda of Tuscany to the monks of San Benedetto di Polirone.
It is worth visiting the San Girolamo and "Madonna dell'Annunciata" parish church in the village of Sacchetta, the "Palazzone" (also known as villa Mazocchi) and the villa Guerrieri Gonzaga built around about 1650.
In Sacchetta there is Italy's biggest supporting canal lock connecting the Mantua-Venice channel with the Po river.
Province: Mantova Region: Lombardy | View on map
Official Website www.comune.sustinente.mn.it