From Mantua to the Po through the "water lift"
Motor vessel navigation from Mantua to the lower Mincio River and towards the Po River
- Departure: Mantova (pontile B di Viale Mincio/pontile A di Via Lungolago Gonzaga), Governolo e Sacchetta
- Arrival: Mantova (pontile B di Viale Mincio/pontile A di Via Lungolago Gonzaga), Governolo e Sacchetta
- Duration: 1 to 2.5 hours
- Involved Municipalities: Mantova, Roncoferraro, Borgo Virgilio
The boat first navigates Mantua's lakes, with a view on the most classical architecture of the Gonzaga city, reflected in the water of its lakes.
The trip continues to Vallazza, a protected wetland within the Mincio Park, to admire its characteristics plants and animals: white and yellow water lilies, water caltrops, and lotus flowers.
Grey herons, night herons and little egrets can be observed during navigation, as they live all along the river. The village of Pietole (known in the past as Andes) is visible from the river. The boat reaches Governolo (Ambulejo) and gets to the Po River through the boat lift, which makes it possible to overcome the difference in elevation between the two rivers. Navigation continues on Po, the main Italian river, until the ancient towns of Sacchetta or San Benedetto Po.
Download KMZ Download in GPX format
(photo by: Motonavi Andes)
- Stages of the itinerary: Mantua lakes, Mincio Park, Mincio and Po rivers.
- Fees: € 8.00 to 15.50
- Type of boat, engine and number of places: Motor vessel/catamaran/ Edron Hybrid Boat, 50 to 180 places
- Bicycles on board: Bicycles can be embarked, depending on the type of boat. On Lago Superiore, max. 40 bikes are allowed on board. The Edron Ibrid Boat has a special lift to easily embark bikes.
Other possible itineraries
Short stretches on Lago di Mezzo and Lago Superiore. The small Edron navigates on Lago Superiore and Mincio Valleys Reserve, too.
This itinerary is proposed by:Motonavi Andes Negrini Soc. Coop
Via San Giorgio, 2 - 46100 Mantova (MN)Phone:
0376/322869-360869 Email: email@example.com Web: www.motonaviandes.it